Neues Chicago Album im Frühjahr 2022

04.11.2021 18:54
#1 Neues Chicago Album im Frühjahr 2022

Tim Jessup hat sich zum neuen Album , welches bei BMG erscheint geäußert. Da sind sehr interessante Details dabei:

„Indeed. Really puts things in perspective. Not likely we’ll be doing any recording on the road for a few years. These days it’s getting spread all over the map. Neil Records in Toronto, Robert in LA, Keith at home in Nashville, the rhythm section on the road, on stage, where ever they happen to be, horns, vocals and piano here in Sedona.

We built the new studio to record the entire band live together in one place, but the world is changing rapidly. I think the guys also feel it’s too much work to record while they are touring. They like to have some down time. It would be a very special project to require that we record on tour again.

It looks like that is the goal. As far as I know, I am complete with my contributions to the project. It’s up to Joe Thomas and his engineer Frank to bring it in on time.

Rhino often does this just prior to a new release, but we have no experience with BMG marketing strategies. We’ll all have to wait and see.

I agree with you. That’s exactly why we built a brand new studio. However, the powers-that-be had other plans for this album. More like the David Foster days,

Joe Thomas secured the budget for this album through BMG, and he’s pretty much calling the shots. So it is being made the way he chooses to do it. Lee and I have very little to do with it.

In fact, they recorded 75% of the album while Lee and I were busy mixing Carnegie Hall, so we came in near the end of the project. Despite the piece meal way it’s being put together, it really is a good album, with some of the best song writing since the Peter Cetera days.

I think people will really enjoy this collection. Meanwhile, Carnegie Hall is submitted to the Grammy Awards in January.

Make A Man Outta Me that Jimmy referenced above is a Pankow/Howland collaboration“

Jimmy Fuccello
Nelson Duffle I heard Pankow has three songs on there 1 with Keith. Robert and Peterik have a bunch and Lee has one. That’s what they said at convention. I’m not sure if Neil or Lou have any but I’m sure they do

Tim Jessup
„My New York Time and Man Outta Me are good songs, but there are others that outshine them by far. There are a lot of co-writes on the album, some that Joe Thomas is involved in. Lee has written and produced three songs for the album, including a classic ballad he sings lead vox on, but I doubt that all three songs will be included.

They had something like 40 songs to consider and whittle down to the “best of the bunch”. Neil sings several gorgeous ballads that are very “radio friendly” and would easily be mega-hits in 1986, but who knows in today’s F’d up world.

One of my personal favorites is a bad ass funk song that Jimmy wrote called Firecracker. It reminds me of my old school days working in R&B with artists like The Gap Band, DeBarge, Lakeside, etc.

Great horn chart on this too, right out of the Muscle Shoals playbook. The album has great diversity, is highly musical, and has Zero Filler. If anything can put new Chicago material back on the radio and on the charts, this album hits all the right criteria.

It’s only possible downside is that most new music I hear these days is not musical at all, and follows a limited repeatable formula for the dumbed down masses.

Chicago’s new album may actually be too musical and complex for younger radio audiences. When was the last time you heard two or three key changes during a single song? This album will serve as a reminder of what the craft of songwriting and musical integrity used to demand, just to pass muster with A&R and get signed to a label. Chicago has not forgotten its core musical principles and they are on full display throughout the album“

Antworten

Beitrag melden
05.11.2021 08:26
#2 RE: Neues Chicago Album im Frühjahr 2022

Dann soll es ja ein sehr gutes Album werden, sogar ein Doppel-Album? Wir können nur hoffen, dass es auch nächstes Jahr erscheint!

Conny

Antworten

Beitrag melden
05.11.2021 13:35
#3 RE: Neues Chicago Album im Frühjahr 2022

Am besten gefällt mir der Schluss:
"Chicagos neues Album könnte für ein jüngeres Radiopublikum tatsächlich zu musikalisch und komplex sein. Wann hast du das letzte Mal zwei oder drei Tastenwechsel während eines einzelnen Songs gehört? Dieses Album wird als Erinnerung daran dienen, was das Handwerk des Songwritings und der musikalischen Integrität früher verlangte, nur um mit A & R zu bestehen und bei einem Label unter Vertrag zu gehen. Chicago hat seine musikalischen Grundprinzipien nicht vergessen und sie werden während des gesamten Albums voll zur Schau gestellt."

Conny

Antworten

Beitrag melden
05.11.2021 17:54
#4 RE: Neues Chicago Album im Frühjahr 2022
Di

Sicher ist das für die "Generation Ariana Grande" zu komplex. Wobei man "key changes" mit Tonartenwechsel übersetzen sollte, was heutzutage wirklich schon eine Besonderheit ist.

Antworten

Beitrag melden
06.11.2021 09:39
#5 RE: Neues Chicago Album im Frühjahr 2022

Jessup klingt zwischen den Zeilen für mich ein wenig beleidigt, dass er nicht mehr in die Produktion involviert ist. Ich finde es allerdings gut, dass man mal wieder professionell an ein Album herangeht.

Antworten

Beitrag melden
24.06.2022 09:26
avatar  Hans-Werner Müller ( Gast )
#6 RE: Neues Chicago Album im Frühjahr 2022
Ha
Hans-Werner Müller ( Gast )

Du übersetzt Keychanges mit Tastenwechsel (Chordchanges). Bitte nicht verwecheln.

Antworten

Beitrag melden
24.06.2022 11:24
#7 RE: Neues Chicago Album im Frühjahr 2022

Danke, wurde schon von "Dialogue" korrigiert.

Conny

Antworten

Beitrag melden
25.06.2022 02:10
#8 RE: Neues Chicago Album im Frühjahr 2022

Man sollte nicht jedes Wort auf die Goldwaage legen! Was letztendlich zählt, ist das Ergebnis! Und darauf bin ich sehr gespannt!

Jungs (und Mädels)...in knapp einem Monat wissen wir mehr!

Antworten

Beitrag melden
25.06.2022 09:39 (zuletzt bearbeitet: 25.06.2022 10:02)
#9 RE: Neues Chicago Album im Frühjahr 2022

Genauso ist es! In der heutigen Zeit der digitalen Internet- Social Media- "Überinformation" werden Musikalben schon im Vorfeld "totgeredet" , ohne das sie schon erschienen sind. Früher, vor 50 Jahren, gab es noch kein Internet bzw. digitale Informationsmedien. Das Album wurde in den Musikzeitschriften oder Musik-Radio/TV-Sendungen angekündigt, eine Single vielleicht im Vorab veröffentlicht, und dann wartete man, bis das Album im Plattenladen zu kaufen war. Heute ist es halt anders. Mit all seinen Vor- und Nachteilen.

Conny

Antworten

Beitrag melden
Bereits Mitglied?
Jetzt anmelden!
Mitglied werden?
Jetzt registrieren!
Forenspende
Hallo !

Wir hoffen, dass dir unser Forum gefällt und du dich hier genauso wohlfühlst wie wir.

Um dir und den anderen Mitgliedern das Bestmögliche bieten zu können, würden wir das Forum gern werbefrei gestalten und mit tollen neuen Extras ergänzen.

Wenn du uns dabei unterstützen möchtest, kannst du mit Hilfe einer kleinen Spende dazu beitragen, diese Änderungen zu finanzieren.

Deine Spende hilft!

Spendenziel: 30€
0%